Friday, July 23, 2010

THE TEXTURE OF RELAXATION

THE TEXTURE OF RELAXATION
by Susan Skommesa
10/11/09

The absence of the rat-race startles me
Stillness infiltrates every fiber of my being
Surprisingly, the stillness is teaming with life:
Trees whisper their dance across my attention
A tender cool breeze tickles my skin
Vibrant air pulls up deep releasing breaths from my core
A symphony of birds siphons off my tension
The majestic rise of mountains refires my creativity
Delightful creatures all around hold my curiosity
And by the end of the day...
As a swash of brilliant stars consumes the night sky
The chains of the city release their hold

3 comments:

  1. i love this! i need some texture of relaxation in my life...guess that means more visits to you! ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I love it too. Adding it to our book of poems.

    ReplyDelete